Glen


Glen Eugene Anderson of Grand Prairie, Texas was born in Dallas, Texas on April 17, 1961. He passed away peacefully on August 5, 2008. Those left behind to cherish Glen’s memory are his wife of 25 years, Rhonda; Father Larry Anderson, Mother Marion Smith Sessions and Step-Father Dale Sessions; Brothers Mark and Paul Anderson; Sister Patricia Sessions; Grandparents Jessica Merrifield Bolding and Pem Smith; Nephews David Sessions, Mickey Anderson and Ryan Cortez, Niece Melanie Anderson; Niece and godchild Angela Cortez, and Great Niece Malorie Anderson.

As a boy Glen was loving and generous. He and his brothers would sit eating candy and Glen would always have some left over that he would inevitably share with his brothers. Glen was so generous through out his life that he would give to others and do without himself. He was an all star base ball player and also played foot ball throughout his childhood and teen years. As a man he was a devoted husband, son, and brother. In his free time he enjoyed watching and playing sports. He worked for the Ford company for many years providing for his family.

Glen and his wife Rhonda had the love story that most people would say could never happen except in movies. They met and were soon in love at 14. A love story spanning 33 years and a marriage that covered 25 of them. They lived their lives for each other.

Glen was very proud of his American Indian heritage. From his father he was one fourth Native American of the Choctaw Nation, one of the first five civilized tribes.

On his mother’s side he is also a descendent of Daniel Boone since Daniel’s mother was a Merrifield. Glen was from a pioneer family as the Merrifield’s were one of the earliest settlers of Dallas and the outlying areas.

The Smith’s where also one of the early settlers in Duncanville and where close to the Merrifield’s. The Smith’s worked a lot in the Methodist Church and in the community. They served on the Duncanville school board. Community minded they did everything they could for others.


Memorial Slide Show

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Love & Prayers ~ Bro. Preston & Sister Valetta Bledsoe

Valetta ended up writing me two emails. She forgot to put ‘Glen Anderson’ the subject line of the first one. Luckily I found the first one and will post them both after getting my mothers approval. Hope this touches all:

Email #1

I read the blog and it is great! What a fine looking man Glen was. I didn't realize that he was Choctaw Indian, my husband is also Choctaw Indian. I read the things written and realize as I read that the closeness you shared was indeed a gift from God that few couples really have. I prayed because I also realize that the days ahead will be harder because of that closeness now that he is gone. Know that we are praying for you daily. God's grace will take you up and carry you through and just know you have my phone number if ever you just need someone to talk to. I am indeed a good listener. I will keep in touch with you through Marion and by any other means that you need me to. I am available to you anytime day or night.Our prayers are with you daily!!Love & Prayers,Bro Preston & Sister Valetta BledsoeFountain, FloridaPS. I think you will remember me, I talked toyou on the phone while Glen was in the hospital andsang to you over the phone. I will say that I know God didwhat was best and right, but it was not the answer I soughtfor you both as I prayed. In times like these I just don'tunderstand and I guess it's then that trust in God comes in.To say it to be difficult is an understatement. I can only imagine how hard it is for you right now. We love you and are praying for you. Sister Valetta

Email #2

I sent a previous letter and put the wrong subject line. I said "Praying for you"I talked to Rhonda and sang to her over the phone. I am a good friend and prayer partner of Marion's. I will be praying for you. I hope you find my other letter too. Just know that Bro. Preston & I are praying for you daily. The closeness that Rhonda and Glen had is rare and a true gift of God. The memories are treasures and the empty place huge. I have never buried a soul mate like that so I will not say I know how you feel, because I do not but I have buried a child and that I am all to well acquainted with. God's grace is sufficient and we will be praying for God the Father to hold the family in the palm of his comforting hand in the days ahead. I will be talking to Marion and if Rhonda needs just someone to talk to who can listen and pray, I am available anytime day or night. We are praying for you.

~ Love & Prayers, Bro. Preston & Sister Valetta Bledsoe

No comments: